Saturday, April 3, 2010

These memories are fading awayy ..


I've started this blog in hopes of recording everything that is worth remembering in the future. Anything interesting I try to write it all here, maybe one day I might hit my head and suffer from amnesia! Who knows.. but I started this blog last year in October. It was during a time when all my high school experiences were already over, so I never really got a chance to blog about the moments of my high school life. So from what I remember, I'll try to write something about milliken prom :)

During the morning of June 4th 2009, it was like any normal day... going to classes, etc. I remember I had to request permission from my teachers to take the day off the next day, because I wasn't attending my own school's prom but there still exists an after party and therefore I will most likely skip the next day! So around 1:50pm, I left UHS and went back home, grabbed my stuff, went to Karen's house to get ready! Lisa and Miranda came, and they spent an hour to do their hair and make-up and girl-related stuff. They didn't take that long, I know some girls take FOREVER to get ready for formals, but I just guess they don't fit the stereotype of typical girls :P


We took a few pictures and headed off to Gary Chan's house. We were one of the last ones to arrive. Everyone including Gary Chan, Gary Lam, HaoMing, Jeffrey, Jonathan, Richard and Xin were already there. Jenny came a while later, and Canny had a militia finale thing so he had to come late into the end of prom. But aside from that, we took some nice group pictures, people put on each others' corsages and we were all so hyped :) we waited a while for the limo though, it was late. But it didn't really matter, we made use of the time to take more pre-prom pictures! When the limo finally came, we all stood by it and took ONLY ONE picture.. We were so rushed that the limo driver lady took the picture blurry. :( We all hopped onto the limo and bolted towards the mansion! We were only allowed a maximum of 10 people in the limo, so Jenny was the odd one out so she had to get a ride from her mom, so that sucked!


When we got there, the mansion seemed decent from the outside. Everyone was already inside, signing in and maneuvering from the balcony to the field to the stairs etc. The inside of the mansion didn't seem that nice, but then again maybe it's because I compared it with unionville prom, the banquet hall was 3x nicer! We walked around and got a professional group picture taken at the rooftop balcony place. Then later they opened the doors for us and we went into the dining hall! We found our table and sat and took more pics and stuff. It was really boring up to this point, even as the food came things didn't get more interesting. I forgot what they served that day, but it wasn't good. Oh well I wasn't hungry because I ate before (smart eh LOL) so it all works out! Halfway through dinner, they had the MC make us play a game. Toss the towels or whatever, but I don't remember it being fun.


Later, it was DANCING TIME! At first nobody danced because we were all so shy. But soon everyone hit up the dance floor! I think this was the best part of the whole night. Jumping around to brown songs (?) and taking crazy pics. Around this time was when Canny showed up! we chilled for a short moment and it was all over...


However, party doesn't stop just yet! we took the limo back to gary chan's house to change back to casual wear. Then we went to holiday inn for after party. I forgot how we got there, I think canny made 2-3 trips lol. We didn't do much at the motel, we were suppose to drink, but most of us didn't. We just chilled and watched the drunk Hao Ming do his thing hahaha. Well I guess that was it! Next day we went to Xin's house and it was all over!


I miss the high school days :(

0 comments: