Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ever since coming to university, I've become a much more vulnerable person then I already am. I've become dependent on others, insecure at times and feel like I don't belong. What can I do... I remember at the beginning of high school I didn't have many friends. Even after graduating from Unionville I could barely name 3 people who I'm actually close with. I was lonely... Sometimes I would cry to myself thinking about why I'm so shy and never talk in class. I don't understand why I'm so afraid of conversations.. It blurs me from the people in school. But I've gotten use to it by grade 12, I've coped with it so hard that I forced myself to stop feeling miserable. The only people that are considered my close friends were all from elementary. Still to this day, I've never told them how lonely I felt in high school, how much I miss them, my problems. Instead I kept everything to myself, I didn't want them to feel worried about me, I didt want them to think I'm a loser and suck at making new friends. It's sad to say that I realize this now, but those that care for me, will not mind what kind of person I am. I kept a false image of myself and lied to everyone I know. I don't know what I'm doing... And I haven't learnt from anything to make myself feel any better. Coming to university is really an unforgettable experience. All of a sudden, I feel like I know more people, I have friends that I can talk to, and everything seems so much better. But in reality, I still feel uneasy. I don't know why but I haven't been able to go through one day without talking to someone. I think I've become so use to being around people, that whenever I'm alone I feel so stressed and frustrated again... What am I trying to do? Why do I feel so weird... I don't want to experience it all again. but I don't even know what I can do. It's like a voice controlling my head or something i just don't get it ... I don't want attention, I really don't.. Somebody help me, pull me out of this hole...

0 comments: